Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Conversation betwee Farouk and Odetola

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

THE $3m bribery scandal involving former Chairman of House of Representatives committee on Oil Subsidy Probe, Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola, Executive Chairman, Zenon Oil and Gas, got messier Tuesday, with the release of a second audio of the conversation purported to be between Lawan and Otedola.

The 1 minute 52 seconds audio, released by Channels Television contained a conversation believed to have transpired between both men before the submission of the subsidy report on the floor of the House of Representatives.

Below is the conversation:

Click to play AUDIO conversation between Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola – Part 2

Lawan: …It wasn’t like my brother talking. That’s one. Secondly, please this thing that we are doing, keep it to yourself otherwise, you will make it difficult for us…

Otedola: Ok. I am now.

Lawan: You will make it difficult because somebody called me now and said that we said we are going to address it. So, so please keep it…

Otedola: Address what?

Lawan: Yea. Because if it is already out that we are going to do something. When we do it, people will think that we are doing it, beecause we had compromised. And you know that is something that err… and if my colleagues get to hear about it, I won’t be able to convince them. So keep it to yourself.

Otedola: Ok

Lawan: Let it be… let it not be like anybody is aware of what is happening. If anybody asked you, simply explain that this thing.

Farouk Lawan and Otedola

Otedola: Ok
Lawan: You know from your records. You have all the records and you have made a case to the Committee. You have sent your documents to the Committee

Otedola: Yea. Yea. Ok.

Lawan: Yea. It’s left for the Committee …It’s left for the Committee to decide what to do. Please keep it that way.

Otedola: God bless you

Lawan …Yea. Because the moment it get out now we are going to correct it, then it means we have already. Haa… So let it be…

Otedola: Ok, ok

Lawan: I want to spring a surprise on the flour and that is the only credible way I can do this

Otedola: God bless you. God bless you my brother. I have been crying. Anytime I hear your voice.

Lawan: So please, please, yeah, please, yes. You know our sector. You know your sector is small. Everybody knows – And people are already saying …Somebody just called and said what happened haa… They said, Femi has gotten his way around. You guys and he has already succeeded.

Otedola: That is not true. But let me also tell you one thing…

Lawan: No. No. No. I am saying it. No. No. I am saying it because this is what I heard.

Otedola: But my brother let me also tell you one thing. You know me as a person

Lawan: It doesn’t have… I know… I don’t want…

Otedola: People just get up…

Lawan: That makes it difficult. Just, just – whoever … You know … No. I didn’t do this. I’m sure it must have been a mistake from the Committee but I have sent a letter to set the record right.

Otedola: People just get up…

Lawan: Yea, yea

Otedola: Ok my brother

Lawan: Yea, yea

Otedola: Thank you.

Text courtesy Vanguard

Written by

Sodiq Oyeleke is a Media, Human Resources, Project Management and Public Relations Practitioner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 NEWSTRAWL. All rights reserved. Designed by oxv234.com

Back To Top